Purchase Contract/Health Guarantee
1. This kitten is being sold as a PET. Your kitten will come to youde-sexed.
2. We guarantee the kitten listed above is a purebred Australian Mist, with an accurate pedigree, and is eligible for registration with QFA (Queensland Feline Association).
3. Non-Payments: If payments are not completed by the time the kitten is 10 weeks old, the seller reserves the right to keep the deposit and place the kitten with another buyer with no further recourse. No cash refunds are to be made.
4. Buyer agrees to keep this kitten in a safe and healthy environment and to provide proper nutrition, health care and attention. Under no circumstances will this kitten be sold to any pet store or given to a shelter. In the event Buyer is unable or unwilling to keep and properly maintain kitten, Buyer agrees that Seller shall be notified and given first opportunity to relocate said kitten.
5. This kitten is in good health at the time of pick up or delivery and for the period of 72 hours thereafter. Buyer is aware that stress of moving the kitten could cause a breakout of cold-like symptoms. This is not a congenital problem. Outbreak is generally caused by too much stress. Any medical and or veterinary treatment is the responsibility of the buyer.
6. Your kitten will be guaranteed to be free from Feline leukemia virus (FelV) and Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). There is no test for FIP. We encourage the buyer to have your kitten checked by your veterinarian within the 72-hour guaranteed period, after picking up from Seller.
7. After 72 hours, Seller cannot be held accountable for future FeLV/FIV/FIP and any other bacterial or viral infectious diseases, parasites, or fungus, as these diseases can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving our home.
8. Seller will not honour any guarantee if the kitten has contracted and died from a virus that was from contact with another cat/kitten not bred at our Cattery.
9. If at this examination, kitten is found to be deficient medically, it may be -
- (A) Returned for a replacement kitten, minus any shipping cost, with written proof from your veterinarian that said kitten was checked during the 72-hour period. OR
- (B) A new kitten of equal value when one becomes available, minus any shipping cost.
10. If kitten is not examined by a veterinarian within this 72-hour period, the future health of the kitten is at buyers own risk. This guarantee is VOID.
11. This kitten is also recommended to be kept away from any other animals and isolated for a period of 14 days. It’s always a good idea! Seller assumes no responsibility for costs of any medical treatment by Buyers veterinarian unless approved first by Seller for treatment.
12. Kitten is guaranteed against hereditary defects for up to one year. Should the kitten die within this time as a direct result of hereditary defect, an appropriate necropsy must be performed by a licensed veterinarian and vet's certificate provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement kitten will made of comparable quality and value as soon as one becomes available. NO CASH REFUNDS.
13. Vaccinations: Your kitten will be receiving 2 x vaccination (F3) at age of 8 weeks & 12 weeks, for (1) Feline panleucopaenia (2) Feline viral rhinotracheitis (3) Feline calicivirus. You will be given a care sheet with all vaccinations received and care instructions. Due to possible side effects, we do not immunize for Feline leukemia virus (FelV) and Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV).
14. Upon buyer's first veterinarian visit it is suggested that the buyer discuss the Feline leukemia virus (FelV) and Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) vaccine with their veterinarian and proceed according to the veterinarian's suggestion at that time.
15. Kittens will also receive a preventative worming dose with Milbemax All Wormer prior to going to their new home. Buyer will be supplied with full vaccination/health records.
16.Care of Kitten: The buyer agrees to provide your kitten with comfortable housing, nutritious food, fresh water, parasite control, and general health care. Buyer will provide medical care when necessary for any condition or illness requiring medication. We always suggest that your kitten be kept indoors unless in an outside secure enclosure.
17. If kitten is sold or given away to a new owner, the guarantees will only be honoured if the new owner signs a new or similar contract with Seller.
Recommendations for the kitten. All information on what we feed and what litter we use ect will be provided on our Kitten care sheets emailed to you once deposit has been made:
- Please isolate your new kitten for 2 weeks from other animals in your care.
- If you decide to feed another type of kitten food, please introduce it slowly, mixed with the Royal Canin as sudden changes may result in episodes of diarrhea.
- The kitten should be fed a premium food. We are feeding Royal Canin Dry and Royal Canin Kitten Canned Food.
- Your kitten needs frequent and kind human attention. Also, please provide generous amounts of play and exercise.
- Your kitten should not be caged except for short-term confinements if necessary.
- You should not use clay clumping cat litter for at least the first 6 months, as it may cause intestinal blockages if eaten by your kitten.
By signing this agreement, Buyer acknowledges that he/she has read, and fully understands, and agrees to all the terms and conditions of the kitten's sale.
THIS KITTEN CONTRACT IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT ONCE SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES